Expectations before the trip

In the following 8 weeks, I will travell to Bristo UK, to improve my english and my knowledge of the english culture. I choose Bristol as destination because it's a location which isn't that overrun by foreign language students then other locations in the UK but still is a bigger city (Population of around 459'000 people (acording to wikipedia)) and so allows for more things to do.

My main for the trip is the improvement of my english since it's nowadays nearly impossible to work without a good understanding of the english language. Following to that I'll spend 30h a week in a language school in Bristol (BLC). Especially I hope to improve my oral english and to increase my vocabulary. But it would be wrong to only vistit a school to learn the language and not try to learn something the people and culture around it. Also it will be my first longer trip in a country with a foreign language. With this only a few days after my 18th birthday, I'm also looking forward to meet people with a different background than mine, to get a better understanding of foreign countries, their culture and people. As a person which likes to discuss things, It's also a chance to learn about different ways of seeing something which was for me allways a clear thing.


Fears which cross my mind are from multiple typs: Some are rather practically oriented like to get a bad guestfamily or accommodation others are rather subconscious like being away in a foreign country for the first time alone or maybe start to missing family and friends at home.

I booked the trip at prolinguis, they organized the course in the school the guestfamily as well as the transfer from the airport. The flight and the future travelling was and will be organized by myself. The school will propably organize trips on the weekend and under the week I will probably do something with the other students at the school.

I will be able to profit the most from the trip if I focus in school but also go on the trips from the school and maybe with the time go on my own trips with some new friends from school. Bad for my stay would be if I find some swiss/germans and speak german with them all the time or in wortscase even have a guestfamily which speaks german.

All in all I really hope to have a good trip and also improve my knowledge about which is only based on movies, books and reports from my father when he was young and so all aren't that actuell.



*Because of connections problems with the internet while being on the flight (where I've written the text) and a nearly missed flight in Amsterdam, I uploaded this at the destination

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3+4